Move over simple sides, switch up your red potatoes and make this delicious garlic and thyme potatoes if you love carbs.Jump to Recipe
That best time of year is quickly approaching, like next week. Stuffing our faces with people we love. You made be in charge of bringing a dish or not. If so, here’s an idea for you. How does earthy, with hint of lemon and garlic sound? Don’t be confused. It’s exactly what my taste buds feel when I Garlic and Thyme Potatoes.
Thyme is so underrated. My go to whenever I have extra thyme (which is usually a lot after I buy a single pack) is to make a simple syrup. This time I’m switching it up a but to add thyme to my potatoes.
Check out the video for IGTV on Instagram to see how this was made.
Garlic and Thyme Potatoes
Garlic and Thyme Potatoes is the perfect side dish. Make good use of your potatoes with this farmer's market inspired recipe.
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 2 lbs. small red potatoes scrubbed
- ½ tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- ¼ tbsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking pan with foil or parchment.
- Sprinkle the garlic with salt then gather into a neat pile.
- While holding the blunt side of a chef’s knife with both hands, press and scrape against the pile of garlic and salt.
- Return to a pile and repeat until a paste forms.
- Place potatoes into a bowl with the garlic paste, thyme, oil, melted butter, and pepper. Toss.
- Transfer the potatoes to the prepared baking pan and arrange in an even layer.
- Bake for 45 minutes.